What if Singing Felt Better as You Got Better?
One of the most common myths with singing, is that once you are sounding better, you will feel better about your singing and singing will feel better...in reality...
- I've had first-time students that sound great in their singing already, but feel terrible about their singing.
- I've worked with experienced singers that feel terrible about their singing despite sounding great.
- I've worked with singers that don't sound "good" and yet feel amazing about their singing.
- I've worked with singers that sound great in their singing but singing feels uncomfortable and they lose their voice quickly.
- I've worked with singers that got much better in their singing, but still feel terrible about their singing.
- I've had singers feel better about their singing, actually feel physically better as they are singing and sounding better as they go.
So in reality, you can have nearly all combinations. Most singers fall into the trap, of trying to sound better first, so they can feel better about their singing and then maybe singing feels good to do physically as well.
This reminds me of being in a "rush" to get a better-looking body, so that you can feel better about your body, so that you can tolerate the awfulness that is typical exercise.
What if movement felt so good, that you prioritized enjoying your body, then ended up exercising more, in a way that doesn't burn your body/soul out, so that you end up feeling better about your body and then the outside slowly catches up with all the goodness inside?
What would it be like, if singing was like this for you?
That's what we'll be covering in the Feel Better, Sing Better class Sun Jan 29th. If you'd like to learn more, contact me below, along with any questions you might have about the class
Drop Your Email, Learn More & Get Early Bird Access!
Jeanine W. PHD
I have taken voice 5 or 6 times in the past, and he is by far the best teacher I have ever had
“I cannot recommend Chris highly enough. I have taken voice 5 or 6 times in the past, and he is by far the best teacher I have ever had. He is clearly extremely knowledgeable and experienced, and is a natural teacher. Excellent at putting you at ease, he first gets to know your voice and your musical preferences, and tailors his teaching to what is best for you individually.